Wednesday 19 March 2014

GCE A Levels H2 Mathematics Book



samuel h2 math book

For those who wonder why I went off the radar for so long without a blog post, this is the reason. I have been writing the GCE A Levels H2 Mathematics Book and finally I have finished writing Part 1, just in time for my 28th Birthday!

Topics
The topics include everything other than statistics, namely:
Functions
Graphs
Equations
Inequalities
Sequences
Series
Vectors
Complex Numbers
Calculus

Introduction
An excerpt from the introduction:
"""
Mathematics is an art. To master it, we have to master the fundamentals and concepts. Hence, unlike other books, there are few, if any, examples in this book. I try as much as I can not to use examples to bring across a point as it would limit our vision as to how each concept can be used.

This book is written for students taking the A Levels. I strongly believe that if you truly understand this book, you understand A Levels Mathematics and will definitely score well.

One advice which I always give to my students: “Open your heart and clear your mind when you are solving Mathematics questions. Just relax and enjoy them!”
""" 

More Information

  • There is a total of 116 pages of content, excluding the cover page and other miscellaneous pages.
  • The book is in A4 size.
  • The content in the book is what you need to understand H2 Mathematics. Understand the book and you will be able to apply the concepts on any given problem.
  • I just wrote the book and there is no publisher, so I will be printing and binding the book on my own.
  • I am not sure how much I should sell the book, but I am looking at a minimum of $25, which means that I don't earn much after deducting the cost of printing and delivery.
  • Some people may say that I charge too much and there are cheaper alternatives. However, I strongly believe that with my experience and expertise, this book is the one that you, as an A Levels student, really need to score well.
  • Some people may say that I charge too little, given the effort I put in and more importantly, the quality of the content. However, I do not want to charge too high as I believe that everyone, regardless of rich or poor, should have access to all resources.
  • The beautifully-designed book cover is done by my good friend, Ng Kooi Cia. Other than that, everything inside is done by me, so please pardon me if the aesthetic is a bit off. But I assure you that it's the quality of the content which matters, and you got it.
Please contact me at liminghui86@gmail.com if you are interested or have any question.
Like my Facebook page for updates on A Levels Math.
 -> https://www.facebook.com/alevelsmath

Thank you!
Li Minghui Samuel

4 comments:

  1. Great Minghui! I believe too that this will be of great help to A Level students! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ever thought of publishing it as an ibook?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Philip, yes I do. Looking for contact now. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome any feedback so that I can improve. :)